I would like to begin this post by introducing the star of the post, that my Mom and I are co-owners of, a soon-to-be eleven-year-old Cairn Terrier-Poodle mix named Colby.1 He asked me to share some of his recent favorite products, and to let you know how much he cannot wait until the snow melts so he can catch that blasted moe living in the front yard. Personally, I’m hoping that he never catches it as then I’ll have to dispose of the poor thing, But anyhow, on to the favorite products – some of these are things that I adore as well.
- Furbliss Blue Multi-functional Grooming Brush2: Colby absolutely loves this brush – he moans in pleasure while I use this, and I love how the silicone allows me to use it both in the bath and out of it. The other benefit to it being silicone is that it is perfect for when he is shedding as it cleans quite easily and quickly. I cannot wait to see how much he loves it in warmer weather when his fur is less dense.
- Winter Coat: Odd as this may sound, Colby absolutely loves the snow…or at least, rooting around in it. However, he cannot stand the cold and this winter coat helps tremendously. It’s not linked as I don’t recall where we got it originally, as he’s had this one for about two years. The only thing that we need to do is to add a stripe of reflective tape as he is a black dog, and when he wanders away from the porch lights, he’s difficult to see.
- Oatmeal Anti-Itch Pet Shampoo: I am pretty sure that I love this and the next product more than Colby, mainly because the cold wintry weather dries his skin up making him miserable. Since we started using both this and the next product in conjunction with the brush mentioned first, he has been a very happy puppy.
- Oatmeal Anti-Itch Dog Conditioner: At first I was hesitant about using a shampoo/conditioner combination during Colby’s baths, he’s not a big fan of water. In fact, he won’t even drink out of water puddles…but I digress, this conditioner makes him smell so delicious that I have to give him tons of cuddles – which he does love. It also makes his fur so soft and silky, but of course the next object doesn’t hurt any.
- 100% Certified Organic Coconut Oil for Dogs: I have to admit that I was a bit hesitant when I first heard of giving your dog coconut oil to help with skin and coat However, the difference that a teaspoon daily has made is remarkable – Colby used to chew his behind raw and he no longer does.
- Dog-Face Squeak Toy: I purchased this for Colby the beginning of December 2017 from Dollar Tree, and he carries it around constantly. Thankfully he broke the squeaker within an hour of receiving it, otherwise, my sanity could be called into question.
I would love to know a bit about some of your pets favorite products, or the products that you feel are essential for your pet. Also, tell me what kind of pet that you have and let me know if you want to learn a bit more about my other pet, Picasso.