I have been obsessing over this – the first post under my name domain since the idea of getting one came into my mind. I’m usually in a rush to get to any post that doesn’t involve my having to introduce myself. Well, it seems from the title that I’ve decided to go a more mature, less direct route one could say. The reason for this is that I thought about what made me read a blog and continue reading it, even after five years. Yes, there are a few bloggers which I have been reading off and on for that long – some even longer. Why? It’s not because they constantly post riveting content; it’s because through the reading of their posts they slowly become a person that you know and relate to in some small way. This I feel is the sign of a good blogger, or internet personality if you prefer. So, going by my own feelings on the topic, you could probably say that I’m a failure at being a blogger.
What now? I’m not going to try to make excuses – constantly moving my blog, lack of motivation, etc. Because doing so will not improve my blogging skills or influence you to come back to read my blog, in fact, it will probably do the exact opposite. All making excuses does is cause a loss in my writing self-confidence and encourage any visitors that I may receive to not come back. Therefore, no excuses – I am going to set goals and meet them.
Goals for Late Summer/Early Fall 2017
- Post a new blog post at least 3 times a week, but no less than twice. The topic and the length are unimportant. Completion is the main goal here.
- Come up with a theme for my Instagram profile, and stick to it.
- Post on Snapchat at least once a week. This is the social media account that I’m least active on as I don’t know what to snap.1
- Write 500 words per day on one of my WIPs, and this does not include rewrites.
- Write in my journal at least once a day – the length of the entry and the time of the entry doesn’t matter.
- Complete all reviews – product, book, service, etc. within a week of receiving the product unless it requires multiple uses to perform an adequate review. This means use the product, photograph the product, and write/or film the review.
If you want to keep track of my progress, be sure to follow me on social media – all links are in the sidebar to the right. I’m also curious to know if you’ve set any goals for the upcoming school year, and if you’re going to follow me on social media, send me a message so I can return the favor.
I will admit that this first week of posts is relatively easy – I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Megan and I’m reviewing one of my favorite books. I’m also going to write a post more about my offline goals, as I realize that I mentioned it briefly by mentioning wanting to write in my journal more.
- Although I do love the filters. ↵