FUCK IT! I am fucking done. I have rewrote this fucking damn post a thousand times, and tried to publish it the same amount of times. If you don’t like it, kiss my fucking ass and stay off my fucking website.
I’m so excited to announce that I have received my first award since buying my name domain 1, and while I have received it in the past, I somehow find it more exciting, more nerve-racking this time around. I was nominated by Megan, and you can read more about the Liebster Award here. I chose to use the revised rules for 2018 and the image came from searching ‘Liebster Award’ on Google Images.
What to do if Nominated for a Liebster Award
Back in 2011 when the Liebster Award first began, it was relatively simple in that all one was required to do was to acknowledge the person who nominated you for the award, and then nominate five other bloggers for the award. However, it is now seven years later and it has become a bit more involved and it will continue to evolve as blogging becomes more accessible to everyone.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award, and you choose to accept it by writing a blog post about it, there are a few things that you must do. They are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and put a link to their blog on your blog. Tell your readers what makes this person special, and what makes you honored for receiving this award from them. This person will be grateful for the praise, and those you nominate will reciprocate – creating a circle of appreciation and respect.
- Display the award on your blog – either by including it in your post and/or displaying it by using a widget or gadget. The best way to do this is to right-click the image and save it to your own computer. Then you can upload it to your blog post. You can easily find an image by using Google, and searching “Liebster Award 2018.”
- Write a brief paragraph about what makes you passionate about blogging. Is it the fact that you have the ability to reach millions of people without leaving your home? Or perhaps the fact that you can get to know people all over the world through their blogs?
- Provide eleven random facts about yourself. This is, of course, optional – however, in the interest of blogging, and of getting to know your readers, it’s always helpful to share a bit of yourself and random facts are a quick, relatively painless way to allow others to learn about you.
- Nominate five to eleven blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award. Contact them to notify them of their nomination via Twitter, or another method. You must provide them a length back to your post so that they can read about the Liebster Award, and decide for themselves if they choose to accept it.
- List these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste from here, provide a link back to this post, or even write them in your own words provided that you have the basics of each rule.)
While you may feel that the Liebster Award is quite similar to a chain email/letter, and it does share some similar traits in that it is passed from person to person. The main idea is to help promote one another’s blogs and to spread goodwill among bloggers. Don’t worry – if you choose to not accept the award, you won’t be cursed or anything like that.
Why I Blog
I began blogging in earnest, well not earnest as I’m not very consistent, in the spring of 2001 as a way to become better at writing and to waste time between my college classes. I was horrible at setting up my schedule, and so had blocks of time where I had absolutely nothing to do – and commuting home for an hour was pointless. I currently blog for basically the same reasons – to become a better writer which is a never-ending process and to do something during the hours when I’m not asleep.
Eleven Five Random Facts About Me and An Excuse for the Rest
- I learned how to read at the age of three, and my favorite books during elementary school were The Boxcar Children, a series of books originally created by Gertrude Chandler Warner. I was obsessed with them – and wanted to live in a boxcar.
- My favorite color has been any shade of blue for as longest as I can remember – in fact, both my Junior year Prom dress and my Senior year Prom dress were both navy blue, with somewhat different styles.
- I have a heart-shaped mole on my inner left knee, a scar on the ball of my left foot from stepping on a glass Coke bottle when I was three, and a scar or two near my mouth from childhood accidents…mainly playing on swivel chairs.
- I have recently come to the realization that over half of my childhood celebrity crushes were/are Canadian. First was Fred Savage from the TV show, The Wonder Years – it was also the point that I came across my first ever #WomanCrushWednesday in Danica McKellar. We then came across Jonathan Brandis, Devon Sawa, and a few others that I cannot think of at the current time.
- I am suicidal – and I have been since I was a Sophomore in high school. People ask how I have gotten over it, and in all honesty, I am always struggling to come up with reasons to not pop some pills, to not watch the blood pool on the floor as my life slowly drips away.
- I cannot come up with eleven total facts at the current time, and so I’ll do a post at a later date with 100 Random Facts.
Asked by Megan, Answered by Me
Do you ever worry? I think the more accurate question would be when do I not worry? I am constantly stressed over the smallest things from whether I should dye my hair to did I lock the keys in the car? Worrying might be my most practiced skill…in fact, I’m currently worrying about whether or not my Uncle got a passing score for the class he was attending to be licensed, so that I can work for him and make some money and go back to school.
What are you most grateful for? So many things are worth being grateful for – but I’m only going to list a few things. I am grateful for the roof over my head – I’ve been homeless twice before. I’m grateful that my Mom, who is my best friend, is alive and relatively healthy – she went through cervical cancer during my Sophomore year of High School and she currently has diabetes. I’m grateful for all the friends and family who have been assisting Mom and I these past couple of months.
Do you have a favorite manga/anime? Considering the fact that I’ve only read one manga, I guess you could say it’s my favorite. Now, you are probably wondering which one that is – Fruits Basket. I watched the whole series (sadly, only one season on Hulu) back in 2012. I’m interested in watching more, of course. So please leave recommendations below – similar to Fruits Basket.
How about a favorite game? I would say that I have more than one favorite game – the first game I was obsessed with would be Pac-Man. I started playing it when I was around two or three years old on one of those classic arcade systems. The next game I came obsessed over would be Sonic Spinball – a pinball video game designed by Sega featuring everyone’s favorite blue hedgehog. I so wish this game had the ability to spit out money – my life would be so much easier. It was also the cause of some problems during my early teens, thanks to a stepfather who didn’t like being beat in a game by his step-daughter. I lost interest in video games until around my second semester of college when The Sims came out, and I have been obsessed with it ever since. I’ve only played the first installment and I’m currently playing The Sims 3, and desiring The Sims 4.
Cartoon? What’s your favorite cartoon? Of all time? I honestly don’t believe that I have one…so instead I’m going to pick a year range for cartoons which is between 1984 to 1988. These are the only years that I can recall getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons, or waking up early for school to watch them.
What are you looking forward to the most right now? In all honesty, I cannot think of a single thing that I am looking forward to the most right now. I don’t have anything planned for tomorrow, or the coming week, or anything of the sort. I suppose that I could say that I am looking forward to the day that my Aunt Flo leaves from her monthly visit…but honestly, I think all women while sometimes glad for her visits, kind of are secretly looking forward to her leaving for another month.
What kind of kid were you? To be completely honest, I have no clue. I’ve been told I was a sweet kid, a pleasure to have in class. Of course, my Mom says I was a spoiled brat.
What’s the last thing you read? The last book that I read was The Woman in The Window by AJ Finn…it somewhat reminded me of the 1954 mystery thriller film directed by Alfred Hitchcock called Rear Window. However, it has its own twist ending…and if you’ve not read it, I definitely recommend it.
Is your room messy or clean? I would most definitely say messy…I have two modes, super organized and complete disarray. Sadly, my anxiety causes me to be in complete disarray the most often. I get frustrated when I cannot get things organized the way that I’d like.
If you could do one thing right now, what would it be? Right at this moment in time? I am hoping that I can finish this blog post, go to sleep, and not get up at eight o’clock in the morning like I have been for the past week. But we shall honestly see what happens…
How many pets do you have? We currently have a Cairnoodle named Colby, who’s ten-and-a-half years old. We also have an approximately three-year old leopard gecko named Picasso.
Not a single soul, if you want to do this post and answer my questions just be sure to let me know in some way.
Questions for the Nominated:
What’s your favorite book/movie of all time and why did it speak to you so much?
Do you have any recent victories that you want to share, and how were they a victory?
If this were your last day on Earth, would you be proud of what you have accomplished? If not, how would you go about changing things so that you were?
If a genie granted you three wishes right now, what would you wish for?
What is your favorite TV show, and what do you like the best about it?
What does your perfect day consist of?
What irritates you the most about the internet and blogging? What do you love the most about the internet and blogging?
Who would you love to have a conversation with, living or dead? What would you discuss, if you care to share?
Dog person or cat person? Why do you suppose that is?
Share one of your unusual talents.
What keeps you awake at night?
- Actually, I received it back in August 2017 and been working on this post off and on since then. ↩